Remember the time when parents used to force-feed us with a glass of milk. That too, prior to bedtime? I always had a hard time drinking that. That was just to make us sleep like a baby in its true sense. Bedtime drinks are meant to induce a good night’s sleep. It keeps us energized throughout the night. I specifically recommend the insomniac people to resort to these natural remedies. Let’s look at the options we can choose from;
• For a stress-free night, add some saffron strands to a mug of almond milk. The hot beverage will relieve the body and soul.
• Chamomile tea is a herbal hot drink. It is known worldwide to be a natural relaxer. Sip on the hot tea as it will surely put your mind at ease.
• Try adding a few drops of cherry juice and a pinch of turmeric to your favorite tea and see the magic.
• If you had spicy or heavy meals in the daytime, try ginger tea with infused lemon. The soothing drink will aid in digestion.
• If you are not a tea person or it is too hot to have a hot beverage, try grape juice. The cooling juice will induce a good night’s sleep. It also helps in fat burning.
• If you are an evening workout person, end your day with a warm cup of lavender milk. The added honey and vanilla give it a yummy touch.
• Another option for a post-workout snack is the famous banana smoothie. Make it how you like it. Get creative with fusing it with peanut butter or avocado.
• Hot cocoa once a while won’t hurt.
Try to stay at a distance from caffeinated and sugary drinks at night. Have a good night’s sleep and get up fresh for the next morning.
Stay tuned in to get an insight into more healthy habits. Follow the Facebook page, Instagram Sagarmantry, and YouTube channel.
NUTRITIONIST, PSYCHOLOGIST, SPECIALISED IN WEIGHT LOSS AND DIABETES REVERSAL. EXPERIENCE OF MORE THAN 8 YEARS. SAGAR MANTRY IS ALSO NLP (NEURO-LINGUISTIC PROGRAMMING) PRACTITIONER AND A MEDITATION GURU.